Today on your Hollywood minute Amanda discusses torrential rain in California and the terrible infrastructure that does not conserve water for the state. There is a HUGE water conversation that needs to occur surrounding the microscopic organisms that keep the water in the delta from being used for humans. While during the summer California is in a constant drought without proper infrastructure cars are floating down the streets in the winter. What sense does it all make?

Notify of
guest
9 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
LABillyboy
LABillyboy
1 year ago

Governor Moonbeam took the money we should have used to improve rainwater capture, in ground and reservoir storage and blew it on a fast choo choo train to nowhere… As it is we just vent all that sweet, fresh rainwater into the ocean, causing beach pollution. Think of what $105 billion could have done to our water system? Heck we would have money left over to fix our electrical grid…

James Nice
James Nice
1 year ago

What a novel idea to have Gavin get some water retention built that could help alleviate summertime drought. I believe that they’re called “reservoirs” and we have a few in Washington State. Sometimes they can even incorporate dams with turbines for some of that renewable energy. Of course, I think that he just wants to bitch about climate change.

Timbuktu58
Timbuktu58
1 year ago
Reply to  James Nice

He, Gavin, is too busy trying to emulate the imbecility of his hero Joe at the prodding of his aunt – Nancy, while the US Senator from California Dianne Feinstein has been banished to oblivion.

BTW – are the bookies taking bets on the next sighting of Dianne or they have given up hope?

Johnny Guido
Johnny Guido
1 year ago

I rememberr a California of about the ’60’s and ’70’s time frame. Lush, green and full of Hollywood that we all were proud of. A wonderland of surf and dragsters, Hippies and places like San Francisco, and Santa Barbera. Now, I wouldn’t set foot in any part of the state for fear that it would come back covered in filth and feces. Yep, they can kepp the whole state. It really is so sad.

Ron Hopkins
Ron Hopkins
1 year ago

This won’t happen because it’s logical and once fixed can’t get more taxes.

Stephen Russell
Stephen Russell
1 year ago

Every rainy seaason we lose Billions of gallons of water since day 1
Years ago & ends up in the Ocean
& then we Cry Drought
Im angry & confused

G R Renner
G R Renner
1 year ago

You need to understand that rain doesn’t VOTE so there is no need to waste money on dams and other non-voting structures.

Ricardo J
Ricardo J
1 year ago

For a long time, California has been governed by devotees of Malthusianism, a belief that says abundance of energy and resources should be discouraged because it promotes higher standards of living and population growth. Malthusianism is a favored mindset of the wealthy “I’ve got mine” set, who fervently wish the rest of us would disappear.

gate io nedir
gate io nedir
9 months ago

I am an investor of gate io, I have consulted a lot of information, I hope to upgrade my investment strategy with a new model. Your article creation ideas have given me a lot of inspiration, but I still have some doubts. I wonder if you can help me? Thanks.