President Donald Trump gave a statement yesterday expressing his displeasure with the Covid relief bill passed by Congress, giving Americans $600 in relief:
Statement by Donald J. Trump, The President of the United States
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 23, 2020
President Trump gave a statement after he saw the disastrous Covid relief bill the House and Senate bill giving Americans $600.
The bill had billions of dollars going towards aid for foreign countries. Including:
– $500 million earmarked for Israeli defense purchases, including to equip the Iron Dome missile defense system.
– $250 million over five years for Palestinian economic aid, which was pushed by New York Democratic Rep. Nita Lowey.
– $85.5 million for assistance to Cambodia
– $134 million to Burma
– $1.3 billion for Egypt and the Egyptian military; which will go out and buy almost exclusively Russian military equipment
– $25 million for democracy and gender programs in Pakistan
– $505 million to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.
President Trump urged Congress to “immediately get rid of the wasteful and unnecessary items” from the bill. “Send me a suitable bill or else the next administration will have to deliver a Covid relief package, and maybe that administration will be me, we will get it done,” he said from the White House.