Via American Action News:

Less than one day after the NBA announced it is suspending its season for the foreseeable future, the PGA tour made waves sure to disappoint many of its fans.

CNBC further reports:

PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan announced Thursday that The Players Tournament in Ponte Verda, Florida and all tournaments in the near future will go on as planned, but without spectators due to the spread of the coronavirus. The policy goes into effect Friday.

The commissioner said he spoke with President Donald Trump and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis earlier Thursday and is in constant communication with local health officials.

“It goes without saying that this is an incredibly fluid and dynamic situation,” Monahan said. “We have been and are committed to being responsible, thoughtful and transparent with our decision process.”

The new policy continues through the Valero Texas Open in San Antonio, Texas that ends on
April 5. The Tour also announced the Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship will be postponed as a result of travel advisories issued. It was originally scheduled for March 26 through 29 in Punta Cana, Mexico.

Florida has reported 29 confirmed cases of coronavirus so far.

 

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments