Via Trump Train News:

Fox News host Sean Hannity is helping Trump’s reelection campaign with his latest book “Live Free or Die: America (and the World) on the Brink” which is currently #2 on Amazon’s best sellers list.

In a recent email from the Republican National Committee which says is “Authorized by Trump Headquarters” and signed by “Team Trump 2020” was offering “priority access” to signed copies of Hannity’s new book. The email said “President Trump has requested that we save one for YOU.”

For $75 dollar donation to the RNC, supporters could receive a copy of the book.

A spokesman for the RNC said it’s part of the committee’s “record-breaking fundraising efforts:

Steve Guest, a spokesperson for the RNC, told CNN, “The RNC regularly uses new books as part of our record-breaking fundraising efforts as we work to deliver victories across the country in November.”

Fox News has previously said that it does not allow its personalities to participate in campaign events with political candidates. But the network declined to comment and referred questions to Simon & Schuster when CNN Business pressed them about the two recent RNC emails.

This is not the first time Hannity has offered to help Trump.

In 2018, Hannity joined Trump on stage at a campaign rally after initially saying he would not join the rally (Per CNN):

Ahead of President Donald Trump’s final election rally, the Fox News host said he wouldn’t appear on stage with the President to help excite the Republican base before voters head to the polls Tuesday.

“To be clear, I will not be on stage campaigning with the president,” Hannity tweeted Monday morning, adding that he would simply “be doing a live show” from the scene.

But, approximately 12 hours after Hannity posted his tweet, he was campaigning on stage with Trump in one of the clearest demonstrations yet of the cozy relationship between the network and the Trump White House.

Hannity said the appearance was unplanned but the President asked him to come on stage and he was so “honored by the president’s request” that he couldn’t turn him down.

Fox News was unhappy about the incident which went against network policies and said they do not “condone any talent participating in campaign events.”
 

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments