Via TTN:

Former Republican Senator Dean Heller has just announced his campaign to become the next governor of Nevada. In his announcement on Monday, Heller paints himself as being a conservative candidate against mask mandates and notes his opposition to defunding the police.

The Hill reports:

“After serving Nevada in the Senate, I thought I was done with politics,” Heller says. “But look what’s happened to Nevada. We have a governor more interested in putting us out of work than putting us back to work. Las Vegas became a sanctuary city. Violent crime’s exploding. People who work for a living are scared. And I’ve had it.”

Heller won an appointment to fill a Senate seat left vacant by former Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.), who resigned in the midst of scandal. Heller lost reelection in 2018, a victim of voter backlash against Trump.

In that race, he painted himself as a centrist capable of working across the aisle. In this contest, Heller takes a more conservative line as he prepares for a Republican primary ahead of a matchup against Gov. Steve Sisolak (R).

“I’m sick of seeing abortion clinics open while churches and schools are closed. My grandkids playing soccer in masks. That’s all on Gov. Sisolak,” Heller says in the video. “I’m running for governor because Nevada deserves a whole lot better than this guy.”

Notify of
guest
9 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Dan
Dan
25 days ago

Take America back FOR America!

Elizabeth Estrada aka CHIAKIA

LISTEN UP….GOD Says…..OVER COME ALL EVIL and DO GOOD. I will FORGIVE Your SINS. ACCEPT My GIFT of SALVATION Before it is Too LATE. From SamuraiQueen. 😄😄😄

Ben Matthews
Ben Matthews
25 days ago

RINO’s always talk the ‘talk’ but never ‘walk’ the talk…they go to the Swamp & “reach across the aisle” lining their own pockets by assisting & enabling demo(n)©rats, and, then, blame Trump for the disunity in the GOP.

Sam
Sam
24 days ago
Reply to  Ben Matthews

I think that applies to all republican lifer bureaucrats!!
All talk – No action

Stephen
Stephen
24 days ago
Reply to  Sam

They don’t have the balls nor spine to stand their ground for America. They all have a sell out price.

Jack Ryan
Jack Ryan
24 days ago

BTW … It bears mentioning that it is downright embarrassing to see someone here f**ked up their proof-reading job by identifying Nevada Governor Sisolak as a Republican … He’s NOT!! He’s a f**king g**damn DemonRat!!

Sergio Pastor
Sergio Pastor
24 days ago

HEller please do the USA and NEVADA a good service and be a patriotic fellow RETIRE ….RINO

Just my 2 cents
Just my 2 cents
24 days ago

I hope this backstabbing President Trump hater never sees a win as governor. You lose, LOSER!

Pawn
Pawn
22 days ago

I love the he lost because of Trump backlash..you knw trumpss fault…maaybe it was because of voter fraud which the dems have practiced for years and know just whom to pay off….