Fani Willis’s Reelection and Fundraising Website
- Fani Willis, the Fulton County District Attorney, launched her reelection fundraising site days prior to the indictment against former President Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants.
- Her campaign team notified supporters via email about the website, urging them to volunteer and support her vision for Fulton County.
“Friend, we wanted you to know first that our new website is up and ready for you to share with your friends and family,” Adding, “Sign up to volunteer, host an event, and continue to support the team! Thank you for your continued support to build a brighter future for Fulton County. With gratitude, Team Fani.”
- The fundraising launch happened just over a month after the grand jury was sworn in and less than two weeks after she indicated an upcoming decision regarding Trump’s indictment.
The Indictment Against Trump and Controversy
- A 98-page, 41-count indictment was handed down by the grand jury against Trump and others after one day of consideration.
- There was confusion after an indictment appeared on the Fulton County Court website and was subsequently deleted.
Willis’s Political Connections and Accusations
- Last year, Willis landed in trouble for holding a fundraiser for a Democratic candidate while investigating a Republican senator, Burt Jones, leading to a judge barring her from the investigation.
- The Trump campaign criticized Willis as a radical Democrat, and accused her of using the indictments for political gain – something Willis appears to have a history of doing.